21 days ago
Job Title: Technical Manager
Required Experience: 10+ years.
Work Type: Hybrid
As a Technical Manager at PTW, you will be responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of game development projects, ensuring the successful execution of technical strategies, and managing a team of skilled developers. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including game designers, artists, producers, and other stakeholders, to deliver high-quality games that meet project goals and timelines.
- You will manage multiple game engineers from different projects for our clients or our in-house production.
- You will manage day-to-day engineering tasks of all the engineers under you, that includes assigning tasks to them, checking their progress, guiding them whenever possible, doing regular code reviews, etc
- You will drive and guide the team to produce high-quality code, which is easy to maintain, performant, scalable and extensible.
- You will be required to look at the gaming application not only from its front-end technology but how it fits into the overall game including its back-end aspect.
- Own the engineering aspect of the game production of the projects you will be managing.
- You will be required to make quick decisions, and work under strict timelines.
- You will regularly interact with your superiors about the team’s performance.
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Work closely with other parts of the production team, Business Development, and enable them by providing good advice and scalable and high-quality technology solutions whenever required.
- You seek improvements in the existing processes and set up best practices for development and champion their adoption.
- You work with designers, business development, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment.
- You will interact with prospective clients in providing guidance and answering their questions.
- You will interact with existing clients in providing regular technical updates on ongoing projects.
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Aid in growing the engineering team by conducting interviews.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years or more of gaming software technology experience with at least 2 years in a lead/manager role.
- Shipped at least 5 gaming titles on multiple platforms including PC, Console, and mobile.
- Completely hands on with technology and architecture.
- Excellent and robust understanding of extensible product system architecture(s), platforms, and core technologies.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills to pursue correct engineering processes in adverse conditions.
- Ability to work in a very agile, fast-paced environment with changing requirements.
- Ability to work efficiently in an entrepreneurial and in a start-up environment.
- A good understanding of Unity/Unreal/other game engine, C#/C++, Java/Python.
- Hands on knowledge of some of these technologies – Cloud computing services such as AWS/Azure/GCP, Databases such as MySQL/MongoDB/PostgreSQL/Cassandra, message brokers such as Kafka/RabbitMQ, distributed caches such as Redis/Memcached, container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes etc. is a big plus.
- Ability to build a product end-to-end with the help of multiple engineering teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation packages
- A vibrant and inclusive work environment
- Opportunity to work on exciting and innovative game projects.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial culture
Who we are
We’re a global team of passionate, hard-working, ambitious gamers, whose goal is to make every gamer's experience as perfect as possible. We’re dedicated to helping your players because they’re part of our community too. We’ve been working hard for players, clients, and the games industry for nearly three decades, providing industry-leading services to every part of the globe.
We believe great work gets done by teams who love what they do. Therefore, we approach every solution with an all-minds-on-deck strategy that leverages our global workforce's strength, creativity, and passion.
1518 Studios - Home
PTW | Leading QA, Localization & Player Support Company
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.