Senior Product Manager
24 days ago
Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
As a Sr. Product Manager within the central platform team, you will help lead the product vision, strategy, and execution of game technologies with developers as your customers. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working on technical products, possess a deep understanding of product management, and excel in cross-team collaboration, effectively reconciling business and stakeholder objectives to prioritize development efforts that align with Fortis’ goals.
What you’ll achieve
- You will be a core part of the team that builds the technical foundation of our games, creating scalable and innovative systems that empower the developers on our game teams.
- You will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch and beyond, bridging the gap between the technical and business worlds.
- You will own the overall product experience for the areas you’re responsible for, including the developer experience, documentation, analytics, and onboarding.
- Craft and deliver clear, concise, and thorough product specifications to cross-functional teams responsible for implementing those systems and tools.
- You’ll be responsible for guiding your products throughout the execution cycle, from requirements gathering with customers at different game development stages, through launch and iteration, and onto stable, long term support.
- You will contribute to product strategy and roadmapping in partnership with engineering and central product leadership.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Previous technical experience, comfortable delving into a technical product and working with engineers on a deep level.
- Proven experience designing products and services for games, particularly at scale in the F2P space.
- Exceptional product understanding of service products and proven success in developing and delivering such products over several releases.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to estimate, prioritize, and measure the impact of product additions and improvements.
- Demonstrated leadership ability or potential.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills to manage multiple projects, timelines, and deliverables efficiently.
- Highly flexible and capable of adjusting strategies to align with shifting business objectives and customer needs.
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine is preferred.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.