Network Operations Engineer
14 days ago
Crytek is looking for an experienced Network Operations Engineer
to support Hunt: Showdown
's NetOps department in Frankfurt, Germany.
The person in this position will serve as liaison between different development teams and the network operations team. They will work closely with the production team and system architect to ensure the projects are well planned, documented and implemented. This position will have operational and project duties.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Daily operation and maintenance of a hosted/cloud data-center environment;
- Installation, configuration and patching of system and game software;
- Daily monitoring, management, and reporting tasks, as well as contributing to 99.9% application and system up-time;
- Work closely with R&D to install, configure and operate developed features, as appropriate;
- Ensure appropriate, accurate, up-to-date technical documentation is available for systems and game logic, and environment;
- Assist with process, policy development and documentation;
- Operate and maintain a dynamic, highly available environment.
- 3+ years of experience as a Network Operations Engineer or similar;
- Experience with continuous integration & delivery;
- Experience with network security;
- Experience with automated deployment;
- Experience managing all aspects of high-traffic servers, including scaling, profiling, debugging, and stress testing;
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. REST API, HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching);
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in setting-up monitoring for online applications (PHP, Node.js, Java, .NET), and creating metrics and alerts in order to act proactively;
- Skilled with Ansible;
- Skilled with Shell, Python or Perl scripting;
- Skilled in network troubleshooting;
- Experience managing hardware firewalls and load balancers;
- Experience with most popular open-source technologies;
- Great English communication and writing skills.
- Messaging systems
- Shell/Python Scripting
- Cloud computing
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.