Online Multiplayer Engineer (Senior or Above)
15 days ago
OCP is Looking for an Online Multiplayer Engineer (Senior or Above)
As an Online Multiplayer Engineer at OCP, you help enable social gameplay and online multiplayer experiences in our products. Your focus is on building online game features and owning all related client-side aspects: from great UI to efficient networking and optimized access patterns. If you are driven by the amazing feeling of seeing how your work helps people connect and have a great time together, we’d love to talk with you!
For this role, we’re open to candidates who are at a Senior level or above (e.g., Staff or Principal).
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with the rest of OCP team on design, planning, and implementation of online social and gameplay features
- Build, own, and operate the client-side technology powering these features
- Own technical aspects of integrating our products with various online game publishing platforms on PC, mobile, and consoles.
- Build sustainable, maintainable, efficient, and tolerant technology following best practices and utilizing proven industry standards.
- Own whole aspects of innovative feature and/or system development, considering scalability and performance
Need to Have:
- Extensive experience developing multiplayer online games using C++ and Unreal Engine
- Proven experience of integrating a game with at least one major online publishing platform - Steam, Epic Games Store, AppStore, Playstation etc. More than one platform is a plus
- Proven experience integrating online APIs built on top of at least one of the following protocols - REST, WebSockets, gRPC. More than one is a plus
- Familiarity with UE OSS implementation specifics - threading and memory access model, major pitfalls and best practices - is a big plus
- Understanding of security threats and best practices ensuring safe communication between the client and server
- Good understanding of the client networking stack - libcurl , HTTP/1.1, HTTP/2, WS, UDP
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a cross-discipline team
- Ability to successfully communicate, collaborate and deliver in a fully remote environment
OCP targets paying base salaries in the top 75th percentile of similarly situated companies in each country where we have employees. This means that pay ranges differ from country to country. However, regardless of where the employee is located, we aim to be at least in the top fourth of the relevant market. In addition, OCP is dedicated to providing generous equity incentives and benefits to every employee. U.S. residents, click here for more information about OCP's compensation philosophy and pay transparency information.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.