Director, Player Lifecycle Management
25 days ago
Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have the determination to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
What We Need
2K is looking for a Director, Lifecycle Management to join the team working alongside 31st Union on their new AAA IP. Founded in 2019, 31st Union is a SF Bay Area studio with a team of experienced AAA developers led by Michael Condrey, a former Call of Duty studio head. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Director of Lifecycle Management will develop & lead the strategies that drive player engagement, retention, monetization, acquisition, and reacquisition. This will require player expertise and analytical rigor as you establish & optimize our lifecycle strategy to drive sustainable, player first, growth for the business.
What You’ll Do
- Develop the player ecosystem -- partner with Analytics to identify player segments, audience cohorts; identify the channels and functionality needed to deliver tailored experiences that drive engagement, retention, monetization, acquisition, and reacquisition
- Collaborate across multiple fields and teams (marketing channel owners, game studio, Product, Data & Analytics, Production, central technology) to develop channel operating workflows
- Own the 365 day a year, persistent consumer conversion campaigns in Live Service. Collaborate with the product and game teams to drive player cohorts towards high value actions that achieve our lifecycle product & business goals
- Partner with Product & Analytics to map out player lifecycles, develop new engagement and retention strategies, trends and opportunities, rooted in a deep understanding of live-ops for digital games
- Set the vision for and lead marketing channel groups in building and carrying out ongoing experiments, tests, and plans
- Build player journey maps for different cohorts and goals. Update and reprioritize them as the business and product evolve
- Manage and evaluate critical metrics across efforts. Produce regular reports on results and develop plans to improve those results
- Analyze results and apply key takeaways for channel strategy and execution optimization
- Hire, manage and grow team of hardworking direct reports managing team performance review, development/growth plans for a high-performance team
- Manage and lead direct reports to provide timely updates, assets & direction, and manage timelines to ensure all milestones are achieved throughout planning and execution phases.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
If you’re an innovative, data informed, obsessively player focused, and collaborative leader looking for your next challenge. You’ll love serving our players in a way that starts with engagement and fun but ends with a successful business and healthy, sustainable ecosystem. You’ll enjoy working across the publishing organization and development teams while orchestrating execution excellence.
- 8+ years of lifecycle management experience in consumer-focused technology companies
- 3+ years of leadership in video game live services
- Proven leadership and influence with cross-functional, operating teams that built execution success with positive teamwork and moral
- Strong analytical skills and business judgment to inform Live Services strategy and planning
- Insight driven and cares equally about long term ecosystem health and meeting short term KPI’s.
- Past roles with global execution
- Well-played within online and multiplayer games
- Interested and engaged learned with the market space and what’s going on in our industry - including constantly updating that understanding
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform their essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $150,000 and $220,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.