Business Development Manager (Japan)
1 month ago
We are seeking a talented Sales Director to join our Japan team at Xsolla! The chosen candidate will be responsible for researching, understanding, and selling Xsolla’s products and solutions to existing partners as well as new leads. As an individual, you have a strong work ethic and are an independent worker. Within teams, you excel, holding others accountable, sharing credit for wins, and working together to elevate each other’s strengths. You are a go getter, a champion at starting conversations and understanding the needs of a client.
This role will be based out of our Japan Office and is onsite.
- Identify prospective accounts, using business intelligence tools.
- Ability to handle a client-facing position, selling to and managing accounts in the games industry.
- Qualify leads from both inbound and outbound channels and perform targeted outreach to generate new business for Xsolla.
- Proactively understand partners’ needs, challenges, and growth opportunities.
- Work as an extension of their team.
- Anticipate potential problems and involve appropriate internal team members to devise solutions.
- Work across the organization and involve appropriate teams to solve complex issues.
- Represent Xsolla at industry events and conferences and recommend additional events to attend/sponsor – know your networking opportunities and leverage them to your advantage.
- Develop an understanding of typical business challenges faced by developers and publishers and common objectives to appropriately map Xsolla’s tools and services, as well as associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Communicate with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
- Achieve success metrics.
- [ Required ]
- Understanding of Business Development / Sales.
- Strong self-motivation and high level of commitment.
- Ability to work with large amount of data.
- Ability to successfully participate in projects involving cross-functional teams and work well across the organization.
- Ability to start conversations and build successful client relationships; build and maintain your pipeline.
- Strong interpersonal skillsStrong negotiation skills.
- General gaming industry knowledge would be a plus.
- Must be able to immediately handle a significant workload and effectively prioritize projects with a high degree of autonomy, self-starter.
- Effective time management skills and excellent attention to detailSpeaks native Japanese and must be able to speak and write English at a business level.
- [ Preferred ]
- Over 3 + years of BD or Sales experience (Max. 10years)
- Knowledge of sales tools and frameworks
At Xsolla, we know it isn’t just about the paycheck. That’s why our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. To foster your growth at Xsolla, we have opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is the video game commerce company, powered by its Transaction Engine and Business Engine, that helps developers and publishers market, sell, connect and optimize their games globally. Serving only the video game industry, the Xsolla Transaction Engine powers the full suite of cloud-based tools to promote and monetize projects, while Xsolla Business Engine provides clients with the roadmap to maximize those tools, and connect them with industry partnerships to expand their business. The two work seamlessly together -- for businesses of all sizes, from indie to enterprise -- to solve the complexities of distribution, marketing and monetization so they can increase their audience, sales and revenue. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices worldwide, Xsolla operates as a merchant and seller of record for major gaming entities like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games and KRAFTON.
For more information, please visit www.xsolla.com
.Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age, Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the Japan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations. The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive. Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process.
L ongevity O pportunity V ision E njoy the game!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.