Games Software Engineer (Test Automation)
17 days ago
Created by Monsters. Built for gamers.™
TLM, an Endava company, is a world-class video game company focused on development for some of the biggest games in the industry. Our mission is to break down barriers in the video game industry and make game tech available to all game developers regardless of size.
We are looking for good humans with incredible talent to make great games.
Position Summary: Software Development Engineer in Test
TLM is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help Design, Build, and Innovate test automation frameworks and methodologies that help deliver immersive, exciting, engaging, and secure player experiences globally.
- 100% Remote position & other cool benefits
- Paving the groundwork for a growing team as the first boots on the ground in automation engineering.
- Work with an international team on AA or AAA games in an Unreal studio environment.
- Our game ecosystem spans game engines (eg. Unreal), browsers, game backends (eg. Accelbyte), to custom services in a hybrid cloud environment (eg. onPrem, AWS).
- Join us in building a next generation remote and international game development and publishing company.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits available for full-time employees.
- Reports to our QA Director
- Design and develop test automation frameworks across a game ecosystem composed of game engines, browsers, backend services, API platforms, and hybrid cloud environments.
- Design and develop scalable, reusable, and data driven automated test scripts across environments (eg. dev, test, cert prod).
- Collaborate within your team and partner teams (game, web, backend, and SDK developers) to determine an optimum automation-assisted test strategy.
- Support and advocate for Centers of Excellence involving Testing and Quality best practices across teams.
- Creating documentation, continually improving testing workflows via test automation (through in-engine integrations, CI/CD, integrations, notifications, alerts).
- Write tests alongside application code to ensure high test coverage.
- Support code and design reviews.
- Own and maintain automation frameworks with centralized test case repositories in CI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Video Games Development, Software Engineering or Enterprise software.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Test Engineering and supporting QA teams.
- At least 1+ shipped title(s) - full game cycle experience.
- Proven experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test in Games
- Experience building test tools and test automation with the following SDKs
- Xtf API on the Xbox Platform
- Deci5 lib on the PlayStation Platform
- Experience and knowledge of automation frameworks, methodology, and tooling.
- ProsperoTMLib, Selenium or others.
- Experience and knowledge developing automation strategies and frameworks for PC and console games + their backend services.
- Experience and knowledge of game testing, test infrastructure, source control
- Experience with Jenkins, TeamCity or other CI/CD systems in AWS or local environments.
- Proficiency in C++: Should have a solid understanding of the C++ programming language. Comfortable writing efficient and optimized code in C++.
- Experience with Compiled Programming Languages such as C, Java, Go, or C# can be beneficial.
- Console video game development experience
- 1 or more AAA games shipped
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Focused on results not activity
- Ownership: you own your work, your mistakes and your successes! We learn and make incremental change in every aspects of our work
*Because our company is international with a variety of first languages among management, please submit an English resume along with your application.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.