Senior VFX Artist
8 days ago
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Create and optimize particle effects and FX controllers for the world;
- Create and iteratively develop game assets, including geometry, full-screen post effects, and custom shaders (if needed), from conception to final, polished and optimized assets on the target platforms within the game engine.
- Follow concept art, storyboards, written descriptions, and scripts to prototype and implement visual effects in-game.
- Work closely with fellow artists, programmers, animators, game designers and sound designers.
- Work closely with Creative Leadership to create high-quality visual effects.
- Optimize visual effects to ensure we run at acceptable FPS on the target platforms.
- Shows maturity in problem and conflict resolution. Proactively voices out concern to stakeholders with supported justification.
- Maintains a professional and healthy relationship with all the SIN team members.
- Approachable and maintains a positive meeting attitude (reviews, planning…).
- Show exemplary commitment, even in critical situations.
- Collaborate with Gameplay programmers to ensure necessary VFX hooks are exposed for gameplay-related effects.
- Collaborate with Graphics Programmers to ensure necessary technology/features are present to reach the visual benchmarks.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to ensure alignment between artistic vision and technical feasibility of VFX.
- Ensure close collaboration with other studios & teams when necessary.
- Actively communicate all dependencies, changes and task completion to PMs.
- Initiate and participate in knowledge-sharing, problem-solving, and technology research with other team leaders within and/or across projects.
- Works according to the priorities in JIRA.
- Shows maturity in planning his work and providing visibility to production.
- Provides regular visibility on the progress of your work by archiving and sharing content.
- Has very good knowledge about the video game industry and its evolution.
- Uses knowledge of the competition to adapt the game to consumers' expectations.
- Promotes the project's marketing orientations.
For the studio and the group:
- The project's success is the main objective, and success also means growing the studio's competencies.
- Identify and promotes the application of the best ideas; Contribute to major innovations.
- Support recruitment, training, team building, knowledge sharing, and motivating.
- Share experience, and develop a Ubisoft culture.
- Be focused on achieving superior results in line with artistic direction.
- Strong team player supported by 360/peer reviews.
- Respecting Milestones deliveries and being in sync with production.
- Ability to adapt to changes and work under pressure in a given time frame.
- Mid to senior-level of professional VFX experience in the game or film industry
- Experience in a senior role with a minimum of one shipped game title
- A minimum of 2 shipped titles
- Proficient in creating high-quality VFX using Maya, Houdini, or other equivalent tools
- A creative thinker who feels comfortable experimenting and presenting approaches and solutions that help push the edge of what’s possible with FX
- Experience with a proprietary game engine(s)
- Production experience utilizing particle systems and other forms of dynamic simulations
- Able to balance quality and technical constraints
- Understanding of weight, timing, and animation
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
JOIN THE SQUAD
We are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.