Technical VFX Artist
19 days ago
Playground Games is looking for an experienced Technical VFX Artist to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As aTechnical VFX Artist, you will be a key player on the VFX team and deliver dynamic visuals to the highest AAA standards. We’ll look to you to raise the bar on real-time effects and realise our artistic vision for Fable.
Our ideal candidate is an expert VFX Artist who is passionate about their craft; skilled in gameplay, shaders, scripting and cinematic effects; and has the track record to prove it.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you will do:
- Take visual assets from concept to implementation in our custom proprietary engine.
- Be responsible for the overall quality of VFX created for combat, quests, cinematics, etc.
- Contribute to the development of the VFX team’s pipelines and processes.
- Act as a standard-bearer for the VFX team, offering support and constructive feedback to junior team members.
What you will bring:
- 4+ years of VFX experience, with demonstrable work on at least 1 published title (ideally AAA).
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality level VFX work. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or a video streaming service like Vimeo or YouTube.
- Experience using graph-based particle systems (like PopcornFXv2, Niagara, or VFX Graph).
- Proficiency in creating pre-rendered simulations for use as particle flipbooks.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience with C++, C#, Python, HLSL, or GLSL languages is a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.