Senior Software Engineer, Platform
22 days ago
Daybreak Games in San Diego is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Platform to help with our ongoing releases and updates for our games!
Salary Range: $120,000 - $150,000, pay may vary based on location.
Position Title: Senior Software Developer - Platform
Department: Core Tech
Employee Type: Full Time, Regular
Location: San Diego, CA - Hybrid Work Structure
ABOUT OUR STUDIO
Our headquarters is where the gaming culture and Southern California lifestyle meet, creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. Daybreak San Diego is the home of Darkpaw Games, creators of the legendary EverQuest and EverQuest II games. This is also the home of Rogue Planet Games, developer of the award-winning MMOFPS PlanetSide 2.
The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, as well as on-site fitness classes, game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that make working at Daybreak (San Diego) exciting! Working here is about being part of a community.
Find out more about our studio at www.daybreakgames.com.
- This position will work with limited supervision and be able to handle concurrent tasking
- Maintain and expand existing systems
- Develop and integrate new product flows
- Adding new functionality to existing systems as well as new web services, micro services
- Refactoring Code into current technologies
- Providing feedback to the team on technology direction
- Participate in researching and resolving customer issues
- B.S. in Computer Science or Related Field / OR A.S. in Computer Science or Related Field AND 2 Years Software Engineering Professional Experience / OR 4 Years Software Engineering Professional Experience / OR A.S. in Computer Science or Related Field AND 2 Years Software Engineering Professional Experience / OR 4 Years Software Engineering Professional Experience
- Java Programming with strong data structure, design and algorithm principles, including Object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD), Design Patterns, Architecture Patterns, Refactoring and best practices.
- Strong Spring Framework, Spring Boot experience
- Web applications/Web services/micro-services/API design and development
- Experience with various networking protocols (HTTP, TCP, UDP) and related domain specific languages (SOAP, XML, JSON)
- SQL Programming and a familiarity with one or more NoSQL databases
- Working knowledge with Linux tools and scripting languages
- Experience trouble shooting and debugging production environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences
Experience with one or more of the following, a plus
- Languages: C++, C#, Python, PHP
- Concurrency/Multithreaded programming
- Java Performance Tuning
- Java Web Frameworks (e.g. Apache Struts 2)
- Java JPA/Hibernate/JDBC, JMS, JUnit
- Web APIs/REST API: Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, PayPal
- Web, network, and Linux security: SSL, TLS, OAUTH, MFA, TFA, Central Authentication Service (CAS), OWASP Top Ten, etc.
- Cloud Technologies such as: AWS, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Ansible, Kafka
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery CI/CD systems: Jenkins, GitLab, GitHub
- Investigating, designing, and delivering scalable systems with high concurrency and availability on the Linux platform
- Monitoring and alerting systems with trend analysis
- Various build systems and tools
Think you’re Daybreaker material? Send us your resume and cover letter. Make sure to include your Twitch/YouTube channel (if you have one), social media handles, and/or link to your portfolio. We are looking for people who don’t just upload their basic resume, but rather, are looking to get noticed. So, go ahead, impress us!
About Daybreak San Diego and Darkpaw Games:
Our headquarters is where gaming and San Diego culture collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene ( we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator ) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401(k) vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants for social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company's People & Culture team at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
**Daybreak Game Company, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
*Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.