Senior Graphics Engineer
11 days ago
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIESBlind Squirrel Games is seeking a versatile Senior Graphics Engineer. We value talented and passionate individuals who constantly strive to improve their work. We are looking for people who love both making and playing games. You should be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, in a team-oriented work environment.
This is a full-time position available to work remotely or based out of our Irvine, Austin, or Auckland studio.
The annual salary being considered for this position is $114,000 - $170,900. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and location.
SENIOR GRAPHICS ENGINEERS AT BSG...
You've familiarized yourself with the ins-and-outs of game development through professional and/or independent work and are confident in your understanding of the game engineering pipeline. You have a solid programming skillset but are ready to challenge yourself by starting to take on more responsibilities and larger projects within your specialization. You may have worn a couple of different hats during your early years in the industry, but you've narrowed down your focus and are fixed on harnessing what you've learned and what you will learn to launch your career as a graphics engineer.
You are collaborative, open-minded, and have an overall pleasant disposition. You can take direction and feedback, are not afraid to ask questions, and understand the value of autonomous work.
- Contribute to the visual fidelity and efficient rendering of our cross-platform title
- Extend current graphics-related systems and tools to fit requirements of our game
- Maintain a good knowledge of the engine and tools pipeline to facilitate communication and enable identification of issues pertaining to the production or use of the graphics pipeline
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3+ year experience programming in game development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience as graphics programmer
- Strong C, C++ programming and debugging experience
- Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading and low-level optimizations
- Experience with implementing a DirectX, OpenGL, or Vulkan based rendering system and subsystems
- PS4, XB1, or Nintendo Switch rendering experience
- Self-motivated and passionate about computer graphics
- Thorough understanding of basic graphics techniques relating to lighting, shadowing, etc.
- Knowledge of shading languages such as HLSL and GLSL
- Capable of conveying a range of complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Understanding of complex relationship between written code and its execution on underlying hardware
- Thorough understanding of current rendering pipeline
- Unreal Engine experience (UE4, UE5)
- Built an Engine from scratch
- Worked on a multi-year large-scale game title
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Passion about games and game development
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.