This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Engineer
8 days ago
Hey there! We are looking for one of those amazing programming people, who love solving problems and helping everyone else in the studio work more efficiently, with great tech that works, forever immortalized in our proprietary EVIL Engine! As a senior technical engineer, you’ll design, build and optimize the core proprietary engine technology and tools that lie at the heart of our games.
Ultimately, you'll be creating the backbone and infrastructure that runs our games, enabling our designers and artists to build even more amazing characters, worlds and experiences that our players would previously have thought to be impossible.
You’ll be working really closely with our CTO in a small but growing team to maintain and extend the client, server, and backend technologies, bring truly new and innovative engine technology to market, and to ALSO help us push the boundaries of what players can expect from mobile gaming.
For the right candidate, this role could even be leveled up to an Architect / Lead position. Sounds SUPER evil, right??
- You've got to have a passion for programming and a talent for building fast, efficient and scalable game engine technology.
- You've got to have a rock-solid understanding of overall game engine architecture.
- You've got to have a talent for optimizing code for performance, scalability and clarity.
- You've got to have deep and specialized knowledge on one or more of the following topics: rendering, lighting, shading, animation, effects, mathematics, threading, networking, data loading and serialization, compiler development and tools development.
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: iOS, Android, Mac OS X, Linux, Windows, ARM, PowerVR, OpenGL, DirectX, PlayStation, Xbox
- You’ve worked on, completed and shipped several games.
- You have extensive experience with console development.
- You have eight years (or more) professional work experience as an engineer.
- You are fluent in C++; proficient with Python.
- You have a masters level degree or equivalent education in computer science or related field.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and aren’t afraid to voice your opinion.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: Redis, MongoDB, AWS
- You have a deep interest in play mechanics and a passion for game design.