XR Interaction Developer
Bellevue, WA, United States
5 months ago
At Unity, we are excited about the new creative avenues that AR and VR bring to our developers. By joining the XR Interaction team you will be working on one of the most popular game engines, helping to drive cutting edge interaction features, and integrate XR technologies and devices.
You have solid engineering skills and an interest in UX or Human Computer Interaction. You know the importance of writing clear, fast and maintainable code and the importance of working with external APIs and SDKs. If you are looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world, you have come to the right place.
- Implement and enhance interaction toolkit features and functionality
- Integrate third party input / interaction SDKs into Unity
- Collaborate with teams both internal and external to Unity to drive new interaction methods across XR
- Implementing new technologies and features into the Unity engine that support XR
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working as a Senior Engineer.
- Cross platform development experience
- Strong C# development experience
- Ability to take Initiative and work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in, or experience with UX, Human Computer Interaction and API design
- Strong system level C++/C skills
- Prior XR development experience and/or passion for XR
- Embedded or mobile systems experience
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
- 3D Math expertise
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.