Writing Department Supervisor, Creative Development
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
9 days ago
Team Name:Creative Development
Job Title:Writing Department Supervisor, Creative Development
Blizzard’s Story & Franchise (SFD) is seeking a Writing Department Supervisor to join our talented Creative Development team. SFD supports all the game IP’s across Blizzard, and department assignments include animated and in-game cinematics, various narrative design tasks for game teams and partnering with Blizzard Books on publishing (novels, comics & short stories). You should have a strong management background, be highly organized, and have superior communication skills.
Do you thrive in a high stakes and fluid work environment that requires creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? Are you a maestro at orchestrating projects, people, and processes?
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Oversee and manage the writing department for Story & Franchise Development.
- Help manage the schedule to production deadlines, cast the writers to assignments, provide feedback on all content prior to creative reviews with stakeholders, and ensure that it’s creatively aligned with the goals of SFD and game teams.
- Provide team mentorship through regular check-in’s and constructive feedback, leveling up writers as needed.
- Establish clear communication with production and be proactive in getting ahead of any issues by providing a strategy to stay on track and meet team deadlines.
- Collaborate with other pre-production department supervisors to ensure that downstream departments have visibility into the writing process.
- Help bridge communication with the game teams on behalf of the writers.
- Evaluate the current department processes and identify areas of inefficiencies. Partner with senior leadership to implement changes as needed.
- A writing/development background in the film or television industry
- A minimum of 5 years experience managing a team of writers in a dynamically changing production environment across a wide range of tasks
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Able to handle a wide range of personnel issues including recruitment, career development, and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of Final Draft
- A background in animation
- Prior familiarity of Blizzard franchises and its expanded universe.
- Experience working with game development teams
Job Status: Fulltime/Staff
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.