World Artist - Contract
Los Angeles California United States
15 days ago
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the industry. We want to make great games and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for experienced developers like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to enhance ourselves and our craft.
We are looking for a contract World Artist who is passionate about creating compelling environments and is eager to join us in our desire to push quality to the next level.
As a contract World Artist, you will be responsible for:
- Creating level layouts, edit, and optimizing realistic 3d environments
- Partnering with our design team to support encounters, narrative elements and objectives
- Making visual and technical adjustments to existing 3D meshes and 2D textures
- Bug fixing
Skills We Look For:
- Ability to produce work that matches quality and style
- Understanding of how environments affect gameplay
- Good eye for scene composition, lighting, color and detail
- Strong knowledge of Maya or similar 3D modeling software
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates for work
- Self-motivation and the ability to collaborate within a team
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical skills exercise. Apply online with a combined resume AND portfolio or show reel.