PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Workplace Operations Manager
We are looking for a Workplace Operations Manager who is excited to be a key contributor to our team. This critical role will be responsible for the traditional aspects of Facilities Operations as well as the numerous events, all hands meetings and programs that drive our culture. We are looking for someone who will take accountability for working with the Management Team in creating and maintaining a safe, productive and fun workplace
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, anticipates problems and takes initiative with little guidance, all while maintaining a positive attitude. The position will oversee daily office operations and support our San Francisco office which encompasses over 100,000 sf and 600 people. The person who is in this role will be our go-to team member for facilities related needs, including operational services, vendor coordination, facility renovations, space planning and general workplace support. Accordingly, the person chosen must have the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization to gather feedback, assess needs and execute projects in both a timely and budget conscious manner.
The position requires financial acumen, expertise in project management, construction management, service contract management (including negotiating contracts), space planning and the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and manage competing priorities. This position requires a strategic problem solver who can analyze the needs of the business and define the key roles (for employees and vendor partners) and solutions needed to meet this demand. We require someone who can navigate between strategic vision and rolling up their sleeves to execute on projects as needed. Demonstrated experience in supporting project teams to ensure timely accomplishment of project objectives is a must.
The person we hire must be able to build trust in difficult situations, achieve consensus when leaders have diverse opinions, drive decision making when trade-offs are required, and communicate information quickly so that the physical workspace can intelligently support multiple ever evolving external and internal needs for the site.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- open-mindedness and a collaborative spirit
- passion with regards to customer focus/service
- ability to think fast, be disciplined and can execute accurately
- committed to continuous improvement
- steadfast focus on project and budget management including value engineering
This person must also possess the skills to:
- prepare, maintain, and operate the San Francisco office facilities budget, including forecasting and reporting
- managing building operations and maintenance services, including preparing and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules
- manage and coordinate quarterly all hands multiple-day meetings; assist in planning and physically setting up and breaking down events
- provide project management services including, but not limited to obtaining bids, ordering materials, coordinating & expediting jobs, maintaining schedule and budgeting costs (including estimating for projects and facilities requests)
- ensure that our office is kept immaculate and that spaces are maintained at all times of the year, with an eye for the details
- plan and coordinate moves/adds/changes, including space planning, allocation and updating floor plans
- strive to maintain best in class space and occupancy data and important metrics
- availability and commitment to be available for after hours or pre-hours for moves, special events and any other activity that require supervision
- collaborate and partner with IT on a number of issues (MDF, IDF) and other needs as required
- partner with HR to maintain and update office policies to ensure quality experience pertaining to the employee’s experiences from onboarding, retention, and off boarding
- oversee mail/receiving services
- direct and manage all vendor services and relationships
- manage maintenance and repair scheduling to support business goals and activities
- Bachelors in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Facilities management credentials (IFMA/BOMI) a plus
- 8+ years of supervisory experience in a related field supporting an organization of 400+ employees
- Highly adaptable, comfortable with change and ambiguity, capable of quickly rallying teams and resources around key issues
- Hospitality experience would be helpful
- Financial analysis and budgeting skills related to project management and facilities operations
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong spatial skills with experience in the implementation of workplace strategies and the ability to translate business requirements into space requirements for the business units
- Strong aptitude as it relates to construction schedules, facilities operations, technology, furniture, fixtures, and equipment in the workplace
- Strong presentation skills
- Promote and exhibit the highest level of professionalism and great work ethics
- Ability to work with all levels of the employees and external vendors
- Experience managing Construction, Facilities and MAC projects; overseeing and directing the work of others
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (esp. PowerPoint and Excel). Experience with CAFM systems, Asset Management. Service Now Ticketing system and Microsoft Teams experience a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.