Workplace IT Support Technician I
8 days ago
We're looking for a customer-centric, accomplished troubleshooting IT Wizard, Warrior, Valkyrie, or Elf! Are you a super experienced AV ninja who can set up meetings and events without breaking a sweat (or hiding it super well)? Will you be our hero to help us level up our new hire onboarding experience? Join us and help keep our team connected so we can continue to do amazing things. Pocket protectors not required, but definitely fashionable.
What you'll be doing
- Help onboard and assist staff with the software and tools we use every day
- Manage workplace equipment and inventory. Everything from computers, laptops, monitors, phones, tablets, and cabling
- Provide desktop support for hardware and software across Windows and OSX machines (Linux a bonus!)
- Supply A/V Support for meetings, presentations, and live streams
What you should have
- 1+ years of experience in enterprise IT helpdesk or desktop support
- Solid A/V knowledge, for live streaming, meetings and conference rooms
- A fervent passion for growth and technology
- Must possess problem-solving, troubleshooting, and investigative skills
- Strong customer service experience and mindset
- Comfortable with sending and receiving large packages residentially during WFH period
Highly Desirable Skills
- Previous experience working with networking devices and appliances
- Experience in administering and customizing software suites such as GSuite, Asana, 1Password, Adobe, Office 365.
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of hardware machine configurations
- You are proficient at Mahjong
- You own at least one headband
- Your best friend is a cuddlefish
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays and 4 weeks of PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.