17 days ago
Two simple questions:
- Do you have commercial experience of producing visually engaging responsive web site designs?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Web Designer and join our passionate and talented Web team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
Web Designer role:
This Web Designer role is dedicated to designing new, responsive, public facing websites and redesigning and enhancing existing sites. You will be responsible for designing solutions that support our ecommerce activities and the delivery of Rebellion products and services to our customers. As part of the Web team, you will play a key role in improving our websites and implementing new features that support the growth of the Rebellion Brand and its increasingly diverse range of products.
The Rebellion Web team is responsible for the development, updating and maintenance of all the public facing marketing and ecommerce websites of the company.
- Delivery of visually strong web site designs that reinforce the Rebellion brand
- Able to work effectively as part of an agile team, sharing knowledge and experience
- Ability to understand stakeholder requirements and problems, and deliver high quality design solutions
- Improving the overall quality of the web sites and the customer experience (on both Desktop and Mobile devices)
- Creating high fidelity, responsive web site designs from UX deliverables to agreed accessibility standards
- Supporting front end developers in the implementation and maintenance of the company websites
- Communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders
- Assist in the implementation, testing and improvement of our websites by providing a front-end design, interaction and usability perspective
- Customising Themes in WordPress
- Produce design sample/mock-up page layouts
- Streamline and implement logical navigation and intuitive interfaces
- Design graphics, web animations and manipulate digital images and photographs
- Designing visual imagery and ensuring it's in line with company branding policy
- Researching current design and web trends, new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Collaborate productively with all web team members, as well the marketing department and multi-disciplined game development staff, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Be responsive to project deadlines
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- 2+ years’ commercial experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or similar visual design tools
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies
- Experience of designing responsive websites that provide an optimal mobile browsing experience
- Excellent visual design skills
- Extensive knowledge of web accessibility guidelines
- Good understanding of web optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication to Stakeholders
- Can manage time and work to tight deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries