Web Designer (Contract-to-hire)
15 days ago
About the Company
Sleeper is building the leading platform to connect friends over sports. Our mission is to create a digital playground for sports fans and their friends to hang out, On Sleeper, you can check scores, play games, chat, send memes to each other, and more!
Our flagship product, fantasy football leagues, is used by over 5 million people internationally, and we’re constantly adding new games, social features, and new functionality to our platform.
About the Design and Research Team
Job Location: Remote – preferred locations include Seattle, San Francisco, or Las Vegas metro areas. Willingness to work PST hours required.
We’re an agile group of designers and researchers passionate about building high-quality, intuitive experiences, but we’re also a tight-knit group that likes to have fun.
- We are willing to pick up any sports or try out new computer games together, for the purpose of “research”
- We can see design everywhere and every day – we have annual design trend research trips and the last ones were in Las Vegas and New York City
- We've had team quarterly outings as well as annual company trips to hang out
We believe creating the next-gen product for friends requires an all-star team of friends, so here’s a few things we look for in all hires to the Sleeper design team:
- Are you passionate about tackling design problems of all sizes – whether it be pushing a few pixels or designing whole new products?
- Are you a motivated, quick learner who is willing to pick up new skills?
- Are you willing to embrace uncertainty and reiterate rapidly in order to build industry-leading user experiences?
What you'll do
- Design experiences across all of our platforms but with focus on our web and tablet apps
- Collaborate with other designers in ideation sessions and provide feedback and mentorship to more junior designers
- Work cross-team with stakeholders to influence product decisions and other teams within Sleeper
- Own all aspects of design execution and be able to innovate and and improve upon existing standards and practices
- Create design solutions that utilize scalable systems, and contribute to the development of our design system
- Deliver constructive feedback to the design team during design critiques.
- Have strong ability in presenting your own designs and in articulating design decisions clearly internally and to other teams
We’re scouting for team players who have…
- 4 to 5+ years of full-time Product Design experience
- Expert understanding of and foundation in principles of web design
- A strong portfolio, showcasing your passion and foundations in design
- Proven track record of working within a product team to ship successful products to users
- Ability to own design process end-to-end from concept to implementation
- Ability to collaborate and partner strategically with Product, Engineering, and other partners to drive and influence product decisions
- Sharp attention to detail and mastery over your design craft – additionally be able to share your knowledge and help other designers level up in areas of your expertise
- Strong grasp of existing design patterns, best practices, and design standards across iOS, Android, and Web
- Experience working with an existing design system and continually add to the system over time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Figma and prototyping tools
Benefits and perks
- This position will be fully remote, and we are accepting candidates based out of or willing to work in the PST time-zone
- 401k and health insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Regular game-time to play virtual games and company hangouts
- Company-sponsored fantasy leagues with real prizes
Sleeper believes in quality over quantity, and intentionally keeps our team small as a result. In past roles, our team members found it very hard to make a big impact when companies grow too large in size, which has a detrimental effect on the product and the impact any single individual can have. Our team includes designers, engineers, product experts, and finance & operation focused on one thing — connecting people over sports. We believe in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role.
For this role in those locations, a reasonable estimate of the base compensation range for new hires is $ 40 USD to $75 USD per hour. No overtime work allowed, and the contract will be for 3 months or otherwise negotiated.
Please note that The compensation range for this role takes into account a wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The policy of Sleeper is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity. Sleeper is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Headquartered in Las Vegas, NV, Sleeper is backed by Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Expa.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
To learn more, visit us online at: www.sleeper.com