Staff Software Engineer, Web Applications
10 days ago
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War , Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire . We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
MZ Game Studio is seeking a skilled staff engineer to support an ecosystem of workflows and tools critical to enhancing the oversight of our products. Primarily building workflows alongside the Live Operations, Quality Assurance and Customer Service groups, this role will enhance existing workflows and work alongside customer groups to polish their day to day experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Guiding the architecture and development of many react 15 and 16 tools
- Maintaining an overall codebase to support many websites
- Overseeing a team of web engineers
Your background and who you are:
- 10+ years of professional work experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Expert knowledge of web architecture
- Has delivered and maintained many websites over multiple years of involvement
- Comfortable both working in modern web technology and migrating older designs into fresh infrastructure
- Experience with web UI development
- Comfortable with UI/UX analysis
- Proficient with relational databases, preferably MySQL
- Programming in PHP, Java, C# or other object oriented language with deep understanding of object oriented concepts and experience
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.