WPN Retail Relationship Development Specialist
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
12 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
At Wizards, it’s our mission to bring people together through their shared love of games. We are a community of artists, storytellers, designers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today and building on our world-renowned player experiences to expand the future for our brands!
You are a specialist building relationships and in hobby gaming business with knowledge of our industry and a salesperson. You also have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Additionally, you demonstrate integrity and good judgment in performing responsibilities and interacting with managers, retailers, co-workers, and outside parties.
You also understand what information is proprietary and keep this information confidential, uphold team standards, policies, and values at all times, and ensure excellent customer service is upheld at all times.
A Day in the Life of a Development Specialist
As a Retail Development Specialist for Wizards, you proactively support new and existing WPN retailers from onboarding them to continued one on one business and relationship development conversations. You will contribute to strengthening and evangelizing the growth of the WPN and WPN Premium. You are empowered to build relationships with WPN retailers and use that as a spring board into improving their business and achieving WPN Premium. You're backed by our team's first-of-their-kind resources, and encouraged to have fun while doing it!
What you'll do:
Engaging in relationship and business development conversations with WPN retailers, building and expanding the depth of WPN retailer portfolios, analyzing play data and provide meaningful feedback based on results, collaborating with other teams to conduct marketing tests with WPN and WPN Premium retailers, coordinating and participating in store visits and workshops, facilitating WPN retailer POS data and floor plans, evaluating WPN applications for new accounts, account updates, WPN Premium, and Retail Improvement, and working collaboratively with your team and supervisor to build goals and measure their success.
- Self-motivated – Can establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
- Innate Curiosity – With an eye toward market trends, industry news, and other insights advantageous to advise our development strategies.
- A Partner – Able to build healthy relationships with WPN retailers, third party vendors, leadership, peers, and cross functional teams alike.
- Ambitious – With a sense of urgency and will towards continuous growth & improvement.
- Communicative – Use openness and transparency that promote a positive working environment and trust across our team and WPN retailer landscape. Additionally, be able to navigate and capitalize on challenging conversations.
- Organized – With attention to detail and an eye towards improving efficiencies and simple, scalable processes.
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma; An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred.
- Experience with WPN hobby gaming stores preferred. WPN Premium a plus.
- Knowledge of Wizards’ games and WPN programs preferred.
- Ability to work onsite at our headquarters in Renton, WA and travel two or three times per year.
- Competent digital literacy and the ability to learn new platforms in a fast paced environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of the following programs: MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Tableau, Confluence, and SharePoint is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.