Voice Over Designer
1 day ago
MachineGames is looking for a new VO Designer to join our team! In this role you will be working on our VO Design in our Audio team in collaboration with our Audio Director. To excel in this role, we believe that you have prior knowledge of the industry and are keen on becoming the best designer you possibly can be!
As a part of our team here at MachineGames some of your work would include but not be limited to: Work closely with our narrative and gameplay teams, work with performance capture and VO sessions both internally and with external vendors and in the future be our go-to person about all VO related questions in the studio.
MachineGames is a part of Zenimax Media inc. alongside sister studios Alpha Dog games, Arkane studios, Bethesda game studios, Id Software, Roundhouse Studios, Tango Gameworks, and ZeniMax Online Studios.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our values:
- We value Team performance over individual performance - We practice an open door policy - We deliver what we promise - We give constructive and actionable feedback - We practice ownership and accountability - We learn from our mistakes.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for a work permit if you are not an EU citizen and/or are not currently residing in Sweden.
- Edit, process, implement and mix both placeholder & final asset VO.
- Organize and maintain structure of the data for VO production - from script through to localized languages.
- Seek ways to improve and optimize dialogue implementation workflow – for deeper integration and faster iteration.
- Actively contribute creative and technical ideas to improve VO in our games.
- Work with the Audio Director to liaise with VO outsource partners and vendors as required.
- Attend MoCap shoots & VO sessions where required to ensure quality and consistency and collaborate on direction.
- Work with the Audio Director to define and maintain VO recording and delivery specifications.
- Work with the Audio and Creative Directors to ensure VO meets project goals.
- Work with other development disciplines to ensure VO implementation is sympathetic to context.
- Ensure cohesion between English and localized languages.
- Engage in the larger audio soundscape and consider the role and effect of VO within it.
- Competent in Reaper.
- Preferably prior industry experience of 1-3 years or equivalent in other industries with a VO focus
- Have experience with Wwise or similar middleware.
- Are comfortable with audio processing, mixing techniques and gain structures.
- Have good understanding of audio engineering tools & techniques.
- Are capable of producing a wide range of dialogue processing styles.
- Have strong technical understanding with ability to communicate ideas.
- Have strong analytical listening skills.
- Passionate about games!
- Work Portfolio with samples within the relevant field
Applicant Privacy Notice
Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.