Visual Scripter - DICE
4 days ago
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
The DICE Design team creates the layer between fiction and reality. Our mission to immerse players makes DICE UI technology challenging and fun. Challenges are given by UX design, but also rendering performance and implementing our outstanding art direction. At DICE, nothing is impossible and if a feature makes the experience better for our players we will make it work.
As an Visual Scripter at DICE, you work with other coders, artists, game designers and producers in diverse feature teams and report to our Design Craft Manager. You often be the spider in the web tying features together. You like to get things running quickly to test it, and then iterate and redo until features are fun and feels right. Pushing boundaries is not just something we say we do, it will be your job.
We are expanding our Design team and we need an experienced visual scripter with front-end knowledge to join our team. You will work in Frostbite's editor building the game. Improve new game ideas with other team members. You love to simplify and challenge existing ideas, You have no problem using what someone else has built to achieve your goals. You need to have a sense for visuals and experience design but at the same time be structured and understand the importance of using best practices for collaboration in large teams.
Things we like to see at DICE
- A love for playing and making games.
- Take an idea from start to finish on your own.
- Prototyping, and the ability to quickly sketch out ideas before diving into implementation.
- 3+ years experience from games, applications or web development.
- Work in a value collaborative and creative environment.
- Willingness to share knowledge throughout the team.
Good to have experience with
- Work with game engines and game engine editors.
- Visual scripting
- Prototyping tools like Unreal, Unity, XD among others
- Use multiple engines and tools.
- Owned small to medium sized features in a game development environment
- Some object-oriented compiled language (C++, C#, Java).