Vice President of Technology
12 days ago
Job Posting TitleVice President of Technology
SummaryThe Vice President of Technology is responsible for providing strategic oversight of Technology and overseeing the creation of the next generation World-Class Game Engine. This individual leads with a culture of best practices, quality, and innovation. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader with sound knowledge of commercial and technical management, accompanied with a background of leading successful technical organizations.
As the VP of Technology, you will proactively coordinate with internal and third-party business partners, analysts, and specialists in the field to deliver a portfolio of industry leading gaming products into global markets. Critical to this role is the ability to lead the execution of features, processes, and procedures that scale to meet the needs, risks, challenges, and opportunities of a growth organization.
What you'll do
- Work under the Senior Vice President of Platform & Technology and an organization of global direct reports to develop and maintain an ongoing strategy and organization able to support Aristocrat’s commercial targets.
- Oversee the development of Gaming Technology and the launch of our new leading World Class Game Engine.
- Lead an organization of over 100+ employees delivering products in conjunction with our global game studios.
- Ongoing drive to improve Aristocrat’s technology foundations and ensure these are aligned and implemented across projects.
- Organize with internal stakeholders to proactively match and coordinate engineering resources & priorities to deliver needed business improvements.
- Assess risk in current and planned projects, proactively develop strategies to mitigate.
- Drive the planning, estimation, and build out of new technology teams in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Travel to support engagement with Australia, India, Austin, and Tennessee offices.
- Promote innovation by identifying new, relevant technologies along with gaining support of the SVP of Platform & Technology and educating/inspiring teams as to what the technology can achieve.
- Key stakeholder in the selection of tool sets and platforms.
- Partners with business stakeholders to ensure that platform strategies are well thought out, documented, and socialized.
- Help grow, coach, and mentor our software development teams. This will require a willingness to work virtually across time zones with occasional travel to support engagement with Australia, India, Texas, and Tennessee offices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior leadership role over technical organizations delivering commercial products.
- Must show a career track of progressive engineering leadership roles.
- Experience should include roles in developing, deploying, and managing engineering processes, applications, and oversight on a large scale.
- Experience leading internationally located development teams to success.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in product development, project management, prioritization, meeting deadlines, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and leading investment in people and systems.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to make complex subjects understandable for non-technical audience.
- Strong people skills, with an ability to motivate teams of high-powered individuals to work together to achieve industry leading results.
- Proven oral and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information, gain buy in and earn commitment to actionable business strategies.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.