Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis
3 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on
What We’re Looking For:
The VP of Financial Planning & Analysis will build and lead a team to manage the operational and financial health of our businesses. As a member of the senior leadership team, the VP of FP&A will work closely and productively with executive management to influence, refine and implement strategy. The ideal candidate will have worked in a successful high growth company and can bring those experiences to our company as we continue to define the future of esports and mobile gaming.
What You Will Do :
- Manage the company’s operational and corporate finance functions including financial planning, cash flow and other strategic financial matters
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, owning all banking and finance negotiations
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual and long term budget processes
- Design and implement appropriate policies, internal controls and procedures
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the FP&A team, ensuring staff members receive appropriate training, development and performance management
- Provide financial and operational metrics and analytics to executive management
- Increase the company’s ability to anticipate business issues and drive good decision-making through sound financial management
- Demonstrated educational success at a reputable university
- C.P.A., M.B.A. or master’s degree in finance preferred
- 15+ years hands-on experience in a financial management and operations function in a start-up or fast growing company
- Broad range of capabilities that include being a strategic leader and an executor that can communicate problems and the solutions.
- Ability to interact with and influence people at all levels of an organization.
- High degree of financial, analytical, process leadership and business acumen
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills for budgeting/forecasting combined with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to present complex information in a usable format to a diverse audience
- Experience establishing and implementing and adhering to process improvement initiatives within a high growth environment
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.