Vehicle Artist [collab w/ Massive Studio]
1 month ago
As a Vehicle Artist at Ubisoft, you will be working on one of our unannounced AAA games, developed on our latest technology, the Snowdrop engine, a collaboration with Massive Entertainment - our Malmo studio.
You will take part in the development of both authentic and fictional vehicles. Creating innovative vehicles brings forth challenges, and the ideal candidate is experienced in the industry standards for vehicle modeling & texturing; demonstrates a good understanding of technical guidelines, and can follow and adapt to the artistic direction.
You are enthusiastic and have knowledge of vehicle design in order to produce believable models. You will deliver functional in-game models, respect technical constraints regarding the engine and the game systems.
If you like the opportunity of building an immersive and meaningful video game experience by creating believable, awesome-looking, and memorable vehicles, this job is for you!
Your Main Mission
- Be involved in the research and documentation process prior to the asset production;
- Create high-quality models following Art & Technical Direction;
- Verify the quality of your work once imported into the game, and make improvements accordingly;
- Respond to and implement changes according to the received feedback;
- Communicate and collaborate with other job departments (programming, design, animation, etc.);
- Estimate and plan your work according to project milestones;
- Use specific project tools in order to achieve best results and meet deadlines;
- Understand and follow the technical constraints regarding the engine and the game systems: player interaction, handling, damage, animations, etc.
The professional value you bring:
- Previous professional experience regarding vehicle art production;
- Industry-standard knowledge in creating hard surface high quality, high-resolution models and detailed realistic textures;
- Good notion of vehicle design and a good understanding of functionality;
- Very good knowledge of modeling and texturing software;
- Understanding shader/material creation is a plus;
- Knowledge of technical constraints linked to game engines.
The Personal Value You Bring
- You are a collaborator with good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude;
- You are creative and resourceful, with high standards;
- Curiosity and openness to new ideas & experiences;
- Ability to facilitate information, knowledge and expertise sharing;
- Have a good knowledge of English.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance, and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The Production Team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun, and join us!
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry.From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.