VP, Product R&D
15 days ago
VP Product - R&D
Develop the tools for creators to build incredible things
Developing the Unity Editor & Engine means conceptualizing, designing, building, testing, and maintaining new workflows and features that enable artists and developers to create rich and interactive content in gaming and beyond.
We are driving the future of how real time content is created and experienced.
This person in this role will be responsible for leading the global product organization for R&D including the Unity engine and editor. You will ensure there is a strong vision and roadmap for the engine and editor.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure alignment and dissemination of the product vision throughout the organization in a way that simplifies decision making at all levels and enables alignment to our north star
- Recruit, train and develop a strong distributed team of product managers across Unity globally
- Act as a thought-leader on our product management methodologies throughout the R&D through direct leadership and influence
- Evolve and mature the product management discipline for R&D (core engine, editor, platforms and ecosystem) at Unity
- Enable consistent, rapid, and effective execution through outstanding product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, market discovery and product development techniques that addresses near, mid, and long-term goals
- Partner across Unity Create/Operate to ensure outstanding interface builder for everyone that’s building on top off and adding into the core product
What we're looking for
- 10+years product leadership, ideally at complex platform companies with some exposure to games, Realtime 3D applications, tooling, or content
- Validated success leading product management teams for large, technically complex, products
- Highly adept at facilitating organizational change in large multinational organizations. Experience in maturing and aligning a rapidly growing product organization will be critical
- Strong presence and storytelling capabilities that will inspire and engage various stakeholders including; customers, partners, leadership, and public audiences
- Experienced with a variety of different organizational structures to enable product organizations that drive business outcomes measured by product KPIs, not just delivering features
You may also have
- Experience building content in Unity
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.