VP Engineering - Data Platform
12 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch's Data Platform organization builds and operates the technology that powers data-driven operation and innovation for the entire company. As VP of Engineering, Data Platform, you will report directly to the CTO and lead this mission-critical group in fulfilling Twitch's expanding needs for new data infrastructure.
You will oversee operation of an event ingestion system handling trillions of weekly events, a multi-petabyte data lake, and numerous complex applications on top which supply your customers with uninterrupted access to clean data and insights. You will be responsible for enabling outcomes for a diverse set of business partners , ranging from executives reporting engagement data to Amazon, to data scientists generating insights for product managers, to applied scientists building livestream recommendations for Twitch viewers, and more.
You are experienced in the data space at consumer web scale, you bring awareness of the industry's cutting edge , and you're a deeply passionate and inspiring leader of people. If this sounds accurate, come join us! This position will be located in our San Francisco office, but we are also considering other locations including Seattle, WA; Denver, CO; New York, NY; Irvine, CA; Salt Lake City, UT or US-Virtual.
- Partner with customers from across the Twitch business to understand existing and emergent data needs.
- Communicate a vision that inspires your team and your leadership to work toward a best-in-class data stack.
- Hire and scale your organization to meet the ever-growing demand for more robust data tooling.
- Empower your team to execute on its mission, free from distractions, misalignment, or other impediments to their success.
- Accelerate career development and foster exceptional growth opportunities within your organization.
- Build and operate some of the most complex machinery at Twitch.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience .
- 10+ years' experience working in the engineering discipline within the data infrastructure domain.
- 10+ years' experience managing people.
- 5+ years' experience managing managers.
- Experience working in a highly scaled consumer web organization.
- Knowledge of AWS services, open source technologies, and industry best practices regarding big data.
- Awareness of consumer privacy regulations and their impact on technology design.
- Knowledge of A/B testing methodologies and experience building A/B capabilities.
- Experience implementing Privacy controls in a mature data stack.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $138,750 -231,250 yr ; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience . A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.