VFX Artist - xDefiant
27 days ago
A VFX Artist will craft explosions, world effects and visual effects that will be the bridge between art and design communicating gameplay ideas to the player all while building a compelling visual storytelling experience.
You will be part of a team of game developers creating exciting combat, memorable moments, and immersive experiences. In collaboration with the Art Director and Game Director the VFX Artist will work within the visual style for VFX in the game, and provide performant and expressive effects in many aspects of gameplay features. The VFX Artist will also help develop and refine pipeline and production approaches ensuring work is consistent and optimised.
What you will do:
- Design and implementation of high quality realistic Visual Effects to support art direction and gameplay
- Translate reference, concept art, story boards, written game design briefs, and verbal directions into prototype and implement real-time VFX in game
- Create a wide variety of real-time special effects using sprite-based particle systems along with pixel and vertex shaders; e.g. rain, snow, smoke, explosion, destruction, weapon, fire, geometry, surface shader, and full screen effects
- Create and optimize VFX to run within performance limitations
- Identify and best practices of VFX workflow
- Work with Art and Programming teams to anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements
- R&D on new industry technology and trends to improve the project's visual quality and efficiency
- Prioritize, plan, and organize VFX Domain tasks using Jira with the Producer/Associate Producer
What you will bring:
- Professional VFX experience in game or film industry
- Proficient in creating high quality VFX using Maya, Houdini, or other equivalent tools
- A creative thinker who feels comfortable experimenting and presenting approaches and solutions that help push the edge of what’s possible with FX
- Production experience utilizing particle systems and other forms of dynamic simulations
- Able to balance quality and technical constraints
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Preferred familiarity with node based engines
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Flexible work arrangements
- Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
- Paid time off to volunteer
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing solutions in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
We do not sponsor VISA or relocations.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house game company in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.