9 days ago
Wayforward is seeking an experienced Visual Effects Artist to join our visual effects team. We're currently looking for a talented artist with experience creating visual effects in Unreal and Unity. Applicants should demonstrate good technical knowledge and a good understanding of how to create great looking effects within the constraints of console and mobile development. We're looking for someone who is motivated, has a strong work ethic, and is a strong team player.
- 2 years of industry experience in a VFX position
- Ability to build effects across a wide range of art styles
- Able to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Expert knowledge of one or more 3D packages (3DSMax, Maya, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of the effects system in at least one modern 3D engine
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop
- Strong traditional art skills
- Experience in 2D animation is a plus
- Experience in pixel animation is a plus
- Passion for making and playing games
Due to the situation with COVID-19 Wayforward is currently working remotely. Applicants that are located close enough to work onsite at our Valencia office is preferred, but we are also open to considering applicants that would need to work remotely indefinitely.
WayForward has been developing video games in Southern California for over 30 years. In that time, we have launched hundreds of games with partners such as Activision, Apple, Capcom, Disney, Konami, Sega, WB, Universal, and many more! Our games are known for their classic, satisfying gameplay, beautiful art and animation, and compelling characters, story, and worlds. They have routinely received top scores on Metacritic and a multitude of awards and nominations from media outlets such as IGN, Gamespot, Destructoid, and Polygon. Notable titles include: The Shantae series, Mighty Switch Force, A Boy and His Blob, DuckTales: Remastered, Aliens: Infestation, Contra 4, and games based on popular brands including Adventure Time, Batman, Silent Hill, Double Dragon, and Marvel.