14 days ago
About Squanch Games:
Since opening our doors in 2016, we've recruited a troop of the most hilariously unique talent the biz has to offer. We're constantly looking to expand our team of incredible people: They're crackin' some jokes, making awesomely strange stuff, and thinking outside the box simultaneously -- that's the "Squanch Factor" if you will.
At Squanch Games, we make dreams come true – the funkiest, bizarrest dreams from the depths of our souls. Real complex stuff, but you probably know what we’re talking about because you’ve already played our games, right? RIGHT? (Hint: YES).
If you see molds and like breaking them, or boxes and enjoy stepping outside of them–ONWARD! Also, if you love working remotely, we're the studio for you.
Think you've got what it takes? Go for it. Seriously! Send us your resume!
Our strange & squanchy worlds need plenty of effects to sell them, and hopefully that’s where you come in! We’re looking for an experienced visual effects artist to help establish our pipeline and create satisfying and awesome-looking particle systems and effects.
What you'll do:
A Mid Level VFX Artist is a skilled creator who will produce quality art from concept to completion, drawing inspiration from provided concepts and creating original artwork. You'll work autonomously, take responsibility for your tasks, proactively find solutions, and collaborate when needed. You are reliable and accountable for delivering work that meets project goals and quality standards, and can take ownership of a section of the game.
In this role, you will:
- Build detailed content in multiple different styles per project and art direction needs with consistent quality.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with designers and other artists.
- Give and take critique from multiple departments and directors during the creation process.
- Quickly learn and adapt to new tools and pipeline processes.
- Work with production to ensure that time estimates are accurate and met.
- Create beautiful and efficient real-time VFX through all stages of development.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience as a VFX Artist on at least one shipped title.
- VFX creations that are consistently good-looking and efficient for real-time use.
- Niagara & Houdini proficiency.
- Experience using Unreal Engine in development with strong understanding of Blueprints.
- Ability to create 3d assets to help populate projects.
- Ability to create textures and materials using Substance and Photoshop.
- A good eye for detail, silhouettes and composition.
- Ability to visualize and build content with minimal concept art and direction.
- Awareness of game engine budgets, memory limits, and performance constraints.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational skills with software files and scenes when collaborating with teams.
- Understanding of basic principles (timing, scale, motion, color).
- Basic understanding of PBR and the difference between Opaque, Masked, Transparent materials.
- Comfortable with material instances and using a material library whenever possible.
- A game dev first, an artist second (thinks about gameplay when working).
- Salary range: $70,000 to $120,000, depending on experience
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Short term & long term disability insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- 401k and FSA
- Flexible PTO & schedule
- Completely remote studio
- Bonus to ensure a comfortable work from home setup
- Monthly snack box
- Monthly stipend for WFH expenses
We are a fully remote studio operating from all over the United States! While we haven't hit all 50, we encourage applicants from across the country to apply and help us complete our map.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Squanch Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, creed, marital status, registered partner or civil union status, disability status, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please check your spam & promotions folders for emails from Rippling! Sometimes they end up there.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.