3 days ago
About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running remotely during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. With the relaxing of travel and quarantine restrictions in the UK, we are now relocating new team members from outside the UK to London prior to starting their employment with us. This gives new Splashers the opportunity to establish a home in the local area, before joining their teams in working remotely until such time as we return to the studio. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, and look forward to having all of our amazing staff back into the studio as soon as it is safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
The day-to-day work will be centered on crafting high-fidelity, game-ready effects. Tasks may include generating bespoke environmental effects for levels and cinematics, implementing elements for game features, and performing optimisations. You will also communicate with designers and engineers to serve gameplay progress. Responsibility for actioning feedback from your Lead and the project Art Director
- expertise with a realtime engine, preferably UE4
- expertise with game engine particle systems, preferably Cascade or Niagara
- experience with 3D simulation software, preferably Houdini or Maya
- working knowledge of shaders and materials
- solid grasp of real-world reference and principles of physics
- understanding of believable animation timing
- must be self-motivated and well-organised under tight deadlines
- passion for creating a great game experience
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
- familiarity with scripting languages : Python, C#, or C++
- experience with 3D paint packages : Substance, Modo, Mari
- exposure to advanced graphics and rendering pipeline concepts