Palo Alto, CA
7 months ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
At MZ, we build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. We empower our game developers to push the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem. Untethered by the traditional publisher model, and backed by endless resources, every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players.
MZ is seeking a VFX Artist with amazing artistic skills whose primary job responsibility is to create spectacular real-time visual effects (both stylized and realistic) using our proprietary game engine.
MZ offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
What you'll be doing:
- Create the in-game FX systems to create a wide range of VFX (magic, explosions, fire, ice, etc.)
- Use FX for proper game play communication
- Work with the Art Director to establish and drive the art vision of the game
- Participate in planning and milestone delivery for the FX
- Participate in establishing and maintaining the highest visual quality bar overall for the game
- Ensure the FX meet the performance and memory requirements of the game engine
Your background and who you are:
- 5-8 years as an artist, specifically 3-4 years creating real-time special FX for games
- Expert in creating eye catching real-time FX using Maya, Adobe suite, and in-game FX systems
- Capable with both hand painted and rendered texturing skills
- Solid grasp of the principals of animation and lighting
- Proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics and shaders
- Ability to generate top-notch art and design in a variety of styles and a portfolio of work demonstrating the same
- Knowledge of rendering engines and experience designing VFX shaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a Lead Artist
- Very strong technical art background in FX, with a focus on shader writing
- Strong technical art background with VFX problem solving and creative shader authoring
- Expertise with Industry tools for RTVFX such as Popcorn, Unity, and Unreal
- Experience authoring rendered VFX in packages such as the Adobe Suite, Maya/Max and Houdini
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.