14 days ago
Founded by Bad Robot (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games is looking for a talented VFX artist to help create stunning VFX for a new, unannounced IP. The ideal candidate is self-driven, and has a strong mix of artistic and technical skills, and loves innovating and creating memorable player experiences.
- Creates, designs, and implements real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements.
- Placing of VFX across all areas of the game, including environmental VFX, gameplay VFX, and cinematics.
- Creates basic 3D models, UV mapping, shaders, and simple animations when necessary.
- Fixes VFX-related bugs, including performance and budget issues.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure that VFX are implemented appropriately in the game engine.
- Works with Art Director and Lead VFX artist to help create and maintain VFX direction for the game.
- Evaluates and experiments with techniques to improve efficiency, workflow, or visuals in game.
- Prototypes effects concepts for gameplay and engine.
- Shipped at least one real-time game project, preferably at a AAA quality and complexity.
- A strong understanding of Unreal 5’s Niagara, Material Editor and Blueprints.
- In-depth knowledge of technology, terminology, and techniques of game art development, including an awareness of design and performance considerations.
- Has the ability to be self-sufficient, reliable, and responsible for large tasks.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Houdini, Substance, EmberGen, Photoshop, After Effects and/or Maya.
- All of our roles require up to 10% air travel. Examples include Studio/Team Offsites, Team/Studio Events, etc.
- Has experience with destruction in Unreal and helps to improve technical pipelines for VFX creation techniques/tools.
- An eye for innovative elements in games and understands how to bring ideas to life.
- A forward thinking attitude, where you are always looking at the next great processes and tech to improve your craft.
Hourly Rate Range: $40.87 - $43.27
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our ranges are based on California market rate regardless of work location in the US.
Find out more about our benefits and team on our careers page!
Bad Robot Games recruiters will never ask you for money or to provide financial information during our recruiting process. Scammers often request money transfers for Visa processing fees or travel expenses, as well as personal information including passport info, social security numbers, credit card or bank account information.Bad Robot Games recruiters will never use personal email (including @gmail) accounts when contacting candidates. We also do NOT interview or screen candidates over messenger or text-based chat. All communication will be tied to badrobotgames.com
Bad Robot Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.