VFX Artist (Mobile Games)
10 days ago
PerBlue is looking for a skilled VFX Artist with video game experience to join our team of experienced game creators. We’re a growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions of people around the world, including the award-winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode .
Our team brings experience from major studios across the videogame industry. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we also work remotely around North America for an unmatched quality of life and work.
You’ll deliver visual effects that willl create amazing experiences for our mobile game fans around the world! You'll add energy to our characters and bring dynamic environments to life in our games. Working closely with our Art Leads and Designers, you'll concept, pitch, prototype, create, test, and integrate high-quality VFX into our 2D and 3D game engines. And you'll bring the fun!
What you'll do--
- Collaborate with Art Leads, Producers, Artists, and Programmers to create and implement impressive VFX in a Unity environment.
- Work closely with Art Leads to define the visual direction of VFX in new products, through mock-ups, iteration, and processing feedback
- Problem-solve and work with Programmers to find creative solutions to visual challenges in game engines
- Coordinate with Programmers to create reliable and efficient VFX integration pipelines and implement VFX assets
- Create exciting, performant visuals within the constraints of mobile budgets
- Clearly and concisely communicate, in our remote team environment, progress and issues in standups and other team environments
- Take an active role in planning schedules/roadmaps fior VFX
What you'll bring--
- At least 3 years of experience creating VFX for commercially successful games, including at least 1 commercially distributed title
- Expert understanding and experience with Unity 2D and 3D workflows and pipelines
- Technical knowledge of Unity game development and artistic workflows
- A love for the challenge of optimizing 3D and 2D VFX assets, balancing memory and performance contraints against a great gameplay experience
Who you are--
- Proactive. You exhibit sharp communication and organization skills in everything you do.
- Dependable. Your teammates can count on you to hit deadlines and keep your promises.
- Curious. You take it on yourself to learn new technology, tools, methods, and styles.
- Passionate. You love the technology and the art, and you always have the game players in mind.
- Accountable. You thrive in a fast-paced environment that values your results.
- Open. You'll actively participate in our efforts to be a welcoming, inclusive and diverse workplace.
Compensation and Benefits
We are a Remote First company headquartered in downtown Madison, Wisconsin with team members based around North America. We offer a competitive base salary; an incentive bonus plan; 6+ weeks of paid time off; comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a well-matched 401k; flexible hours; and a variety of other perks including daily lunch delivery.
You'll be part of a passionate, welcoming, and collaborative team that has received several “Best Place to Work” awards by a variety of publications. We are headquartered in the vibrant neighborhood around beautiful downtown Madison .
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good description of this position’s roles and responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description, so duties and supervisors may change. We regret that we cannot consider visa sponsorship or candidates based outside of the United States or Canada for this position at this time.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.