This job might no longer be available.
7 days ago
Integrated in the Paris HQ User Research team, as User Researcher, you will help all Gameloft studios around the world make sure that their games provide the best User Experience possible, and that the design intentions translate into reality for the players.
As such you will conduct researches in order to better understand our players’ motivations, needs, and limitations, and run playtests throughout our games’ development in order to catch Usability and UX issues. Using your knowledge of Psychology/Human-Computer Interaction/Interaction Design/Ergonomics as well as the data gathered from studies and playtests, you’ll help the team fix issues and overall improve the games’ user experience.
Your everyday missions will include:
- Design adequate research plans for each project, based on the type of game, target audience, core mechanics, and the team’s resources.
- Lead in-house research: utilize a broad range of research methods including but not limited to Concept tests, Usability tests, Appreciation test, Focus Groups, Surveys, Competitor Benchmarks, UX Expert Reviews.
- Analyze the results and data, write up reports and present the results to the dev teams, including actionable recommendations.
- Manage external research: contact 3rd parties, discuss and select the right methods, negotiate prices, follow the research closely and ensure everything goes well
- Make sure the dev teams receive the results well and apply recommendations accordingly. Discuss and co-design fixes and improvements directly with them if need be.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Production, Market Research, Analytics, Top Management to make sure that questions are rationalized from a player-centric point of view. Ensure that the best method possible is used to answer a given question.
- Evangelize the teams regarding User Experience & Player-centric approach
- Constantly challenge our methods and help refine our processes
- Assist the User Research Manager in recruiting, training and mentoring Junior researchers
- Help make our games super fun for their specific audience!
- 3 years’ experience in UX Design / User Research - whether web/software/games or otherwise.
- Masters degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Ergonomics or other related fields
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Strong organizational skills and good work methods
- Knowledge of mobile video games (F2P mechanics, engagement and retention strategies, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to work proactively, autonomously, and within a team.
- English and French proficiency is a must.
Why work for Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Motivating, challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games.
- Career-development opportunities.
- Exceptional library of diverse top games with broad distribution.
For more information go to www.gameloft.com and https://www.gameloft.com/for-brands/
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Hours: Full Time with Hybrid working mode office/WFH
- Salary: Competitive + Bonus based on sales commissions
- Benefits: Mobile phone allowance, and a company laptop. We are a truly global Vivendi company, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world within Gameloft and inside Vivendi Group.
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft for brands offers leading advertising and gamification solutions to help brands better connect with their audiences. Through interactive content and immersive experiences supported by its extensive in-game media network, Gameloft for brands leverages its longstanding gaming expertise to engage people in meaningful ways with an unparalleled level of transparency and safety. To date, Gameloft for brands has delivered more than 10,000 campaigns for prestigious brands such as Air France, Coca-Cola®, Ferrero, Ford, FOX™, Automobili Lamborghini, ING, Netflix, Procter & Gamble, Samsung and LEGO, in over 40 countries around the world (North America, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, etc.) and our work has been honored with over 50 awards from marketing organizations.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.