17 days ago
Bungie is seeking a User Researcher to join our team. In this role, you will positively impact Bungie's marketing and development of outstanding entertainment experiences by providing actionable insights based on representative consumer feedback.
You will work closely with marketing and development teams to create and execute comprehensive research plans for Bungie products. To address Bungie’s burning questions about player interactions and motivations, you’ll design research plans, conduct studies, and transform data into meaningful insights about player perceptions, sentiment, and gaming experiences. You'll create persuasive reports and visualizations to demonstrate opportunities to improve our marketing executions and the player experience with Bungie games.
This position will require strong quantitative and data visualization skills, in addition to qualitative skills. The User Researcher role will partner with teams across Bungie to tackle a wide range of research objectives. Be prepared to collaborate with game and UX designers, producers, marketers, and data scientists. If you are an advocate for excellent player experiences, an avid gamer, and you enjoy data, you may be the ideal candidate to join Bungie's User Research team!
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Collaborate with our marketing & development teams to identify research opportunities and arrange the collection of feedback to inform our decisions
- Design and conduct research studies using a variety of research methods – including but not limited to surveys, focus groups, usability testing, and interviews
- Analyze data to provide meaningful, impactful insights about players
- Present your analysis and recommendations through powerful visualizations and concise reports
- Own and manage part of the UR team's infrastructure (such as the moderator team or the UR lab)
- Ability to develop open-ended, ambiguous questions into hypotheses for investigation
- Strong research and experimental design background
- Experience with a variety of user research techniques, along with the ability to create new ones as appropriate
- Strong data analysis skills (both quantitative and qualitative) and understanding of basic statistics
- Experience with data visualization
- Demonstrated ability to persuade stakeholders and positively impact user experiences using data
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Interest in making great player experiences
- Advanced degree in psychology, UCD, HCI, or related field
- Enthusiasm for games!