11 days ago
Job Title:User Researcher
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall® , Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Activision is looking for a passionate and experienced quantitative researcher and gamer to carry out and support user research on some of the world’s best-known franchises. Your role will primarily focus on analyzing data obtained via survey and telemetry data to improve the quality of the research team’s quantitative data. Tasks will include: visualizing captured research data for development teams, unearthing deeper trends using inferential statistics, championing & analyzing pre-launch telemetry, and working as a liaison between User Research, development studios, and Activision’s Game Analytics team.
- Carry out research using a variety of methods, including, but not limited to: data analysis, balance testing, survey design, significance testing, regression modelling, and exploratory research
- Process and improve statistical models using historical data within a game mode, franchise, or across competitor titles
- Create actionable data-informed reports including the creation of visualization dashboards and/or graphs to supplement qualitative research and to inform and educate stakeholders
- Help implement pre-launch telemetry and hooks across multiple projects
- Coordinate user research findings with dev studios and the Game Analytics team
- Conduct and oversee quantitative user experience research for a variety of game projects, including all stages from planning to execution
- Provide and discuss research results directly with dev teams for implementation
- Produce design suggestions based on observation, research, and expertise
- Oversee the creation and execution of large-scale surveys such as alpha/beta release surveys and focused external consumer insights research
- Educate fellow research staff on the use of quantitative data and collection methods
- Support fellow research staff by leading qualitative or 1-on-1 studies as needed
- Two to three years of experience conducting user research for video games, or three years of experience conducting user research outside of the videogame entertainment industry.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required (branches of psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, information technology, statistics, or related field). Advanced degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of scripting languages and analysis tools (e.g. Phyton, PHP, R, SPSS)
- Advanced expertise with Tableau or similar data visualization software
- Proficient in statistics, especially those related to inferential statistics
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative research methods
- Familiarity with qualitative research methods is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
- Must have a passion for video games, especially FPS or competitive multiplayer games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.