User Research Manager [GAME INTELLIGENCE]
14 days ago
The Massive Game Intelligence Department is a multi-disciplinary team of experts with a mission to support the creation of the best game experiences at the center of our design and development process
Combining cutting-edge qualitative and quantitative research with a wide variety of methodologies and data sources, our in-depth knowledge of player behavior allows our production teams - with whom we work hand-in-hand - to make the right decisions.
This position is responsible for the User Research Team in which the manager must ensure an optimal use of User Researchers assigned to title projects and secure expected deliverables. He/she is responsible for supporting the various stakeholders in the management and execution of studies on player behavior in order to ensure a high level of quality in the processes and deliverables of games.
What you’ll do
- Monitor and manage the progress of projects on a daily basis in collaboration with Game Intelligence project APs
- Assign projects to team members and mentor timely and high-quality deliverables.
- Collaborate with other team leaders: resource sharing, support, etc.
- Develop the User Research Operation in line with the studio’s strategic roadmap and top management directions.
Human Resources Management:
- Participate in the recruitment, training and coaching of team members.
- Conduct performance evaluations and ensure follow-up.
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Ensure collaboration between moderators, game analysts, data analysts and project managers during studies and projects.
- Ensure the use of appropriate processes and methodologies leading to quality deliverables.
- Participate in the development and improvement of methodologies and processes related to user research.
- Lead user research studies including but not limited to: usability studies, surveys, interviews and focus groups
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables of the User Research team
- Participate in the development of the User Research Laboratory.
You are autonomous, organized, practical and you attach particular importance to the rigor of the tests you supervise, and to Quality deliverables in general. You can adapt quickly to changes and are a force of proposal. You have a good knowledge of video games (consoles, PC, mobile). You expert knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to user experience (e.g. Game Design, Psychology, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management Sciences);
- You have at least 5 years of experience in User Research, UX or User Testing (experience in the video game industry is a plus).
- You have a first significant experience and a passion in team management.
- You are comfortable speaking and know how to lead constructively in a high-pressure environment.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
Questions? We're more than happy to answer them! Please contact Malin Jessen (Talent Acquisition Partner) at email@example.com
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.