User Research Analyst Intern [User Research Lab] (f/m/d)
3 days ago
As our new User Research Analyst Intern (f/m/d) at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, you will get to support the preparation and running of studies assessing the usability and appreciation of our games in order to validate the game design. This includes supporting the preparation of the study protocol, data collection tools, data analysis, interpreting and reporting this data to answer the various objectives and needs of the production teams and the studio. This position will be a paid internship and is planned for a duration of 6 months.
What you will do:
- Support the selection of an appropriate methodology, definition of test measures, and creation of relevant tools in order to evaluate if the players’ experience is in line with the design intentions of the various productions
- Efficiently analyse multiple sources of data (including observation, telemetry, etc.) and provide valuable and actionable insights on players’ experience
- Identify and use the most optimal data visualization methods to present the findings (graphs, tables, etc.)
- Elaborate study reports and present the findings destined for production teams, brand management and high management
- Assume any other related duties
What you bring:
- An ongoing studying in Game Design or any other relevant training or experience
- Good knowledge of research (develop appropriate methods to answer research objectives, conduct appropriate analyses and communicate findings efficiently)
- Be proactive, innovative and autonomous
- Be organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Being able to handle customer contacts during tests including interviewing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools
- Competent in Microsoft Office
* Good knowledge of the video game industry is a plus
* Experience in ergonomics, HCI, cognitive psychology is a plus
* Statistic knowledge and use of statistics programs (e.g. R) is a plus
* Written and oral communication skills in French is a plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date and why you would like to join us
- If you would like to complete a mandatory internship, we require your study regulations, in which the duration of your internship is defined
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Discounted Games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up To 350€ Childcare Support Per Child Per Month: In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year
- Self-study And Training Hours: You have access to our in-house library
- Gym Subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you
- 12 Days Paid Vacation: For the duration of your internship
- Corporate Benefits Web Portal: With employee discount programs for affiliated retailers, shops and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.