User Experience Design Intern (Summer 2020)
1 month ago
Zynga is looking for User Experience Design Interns!
To be eligible for this internship you must be a currently enrolled student who is graduating in the next 1-2 years with a bachelor’s, master’s degree or PhD degree.
The User Experience Design Intern will work closely with Project Managers, Product Managers, and Engineers to help design, mock and implement feature UI and UX flows.
- Work closely with Project Managers and PM’s to create simple creative solutions to complicated design needs
- Mock up and prototype features according to spec
- Provide variety of solutions to design needs
- Work closely with engineers to implement features UI and UX flows
- Deliver exciting, effective, memorable, polished UI/UX
- Implement motion and interaction design
- Clearly communicate experienced design rationale; have impeccable judgment
- Rapidly iterate and test a variety of ideas using wireframes, sketches and fully designed comps when needed
- Partner with engineers to collaborate and iterate in fast-paced design-to-build cycles and ensure your designs are implemented to specification
- Stay ahead of the curve in technological advances and UI practices
- Make a point to understand how Zynga’s audience interacts with its games/services, and make use of this knowledge in the development of the best possible user experiences
- Ability to rapidly switch pace depending on projects needs
What we look for:
- UI/UX experience
- Expert user in Sketch, Adobe Suite and Prototyping tools ie: Flinto
- Understanding of mobile, web and interactive design fundamentals
- Ability to create art assets matching existing art styles
- Ability to provide creative yet simple solution to complicated design
- Portfolio must illustrate strong solutions to UXD problem statements
- Strong design, wireframe and prototyping skills
- Experience in Social Gaming a big plus
- Experience in public speaking and validating design solutions with analytics.
The Perks of Being an Intern at Zynga:
- We want to provide you with work that is virtually indistinguishable from that of a full-time employee. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at Zynga!
- Yes, our internships are paid!
- Delicious food! Yes, our interns partake in our delicious (and free!) gourmet meals every day – all breakfast and lunches are provided Monday through Friday! And delicious snacks all day every day!
- We also provide free gym memberships at certain locations.
Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games. Headquartered in San Francisco, our mission is to connect the world through games, and since 2007, more than one billion people have played one of our beloved franchises like FarmVille, Zynga Poker and Words With Friends. In 2014, we acquired NaturalMotion, an Oxford-based mobile game and technology developer and the creator of hits like CSR Racing and Clumsy Ninja. Zynga is named after founder Mark Pincus’ late bulldog Zinga, and the legacy of her playful and loyal nature continues to inspire our company culture. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $20 million for world social causes. Zynga is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.