This job might no longer be available.
Unity Software Engineer
2 months ago
Scientific Games, Social is a global leader focused in providing an ever-expanding portfolio of robust iGaming and Social Casino solutions to the global gaming industry. To put it simply - we make Mobile and Facebook games that are fun to play, fun to make, and we're growing like crazy! Scientific Games global reach is made possible by the expertise of our rock star teams and game makers. Want to be part of a fast-paced company that lands in the Top 1% of Social Casino games? See more details below!
SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!
Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. We will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official state and local entities. We value the safety of our communities and employees and look forward to joining each other again as we re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place.
We are in search of an experienced and talented Software Engineer to contribute their subject matter expertise on our title, Goldfish Slots, as well as across our Austin Studio. The ideal candidate will either be able guide themselves through Unity with their eyes closed or know the backend of a server like the back of their own hand.
• Multiple Languages / Language Agnostic / Multiple Technologies & Platforms
• Ability to Mentor
• Ability to Architect Solutions
• Experience across multiple facets of programming (Database, Networking, Audio)
• Independent, Proactive Communicator
• Start to develop leadership skills
• GSD (Get "Stuff" Done) Attitude
• Engaged and Curious
• Team Oriented
• Active Learner and Mentor
• Passion for Solving Challenging Technical Problems
• Adaptable and Reflective (Self-Reflection)
• Understand and Care about Product
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or relevant area or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of C# and Unity
• 5+ years of software experience
1+ years of experience in cross-platform software architecture
• Strong Object Oriented programming skills
• Familiarity with Git, SVN or other version control software
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Casual games development experience
• Experience with mobile platform development
• Experience with micro-services
• Analytics driven development / experience
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: Our founder, fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the Nasdaq.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k and other competitive benefits.
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Fully stocked gameroom featuring current generation consoles and titles, shuffle board tables, foosball tables, and arcade cabinets (including our prized 5v5 cabinet ultra-rare copy of Killer Queen!)
- Brand new, shiny, and aesthetically pleasing 10,000 sq ft office located in the Arboretum area in Austin
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.