This job might no longer be available.
Unity Lead Engineer
2 months ago
Lead Unity Engineer
Oberon, a brand new studio at Amber, will focus on rich multiplayer cross-platform experiences. If you’re a Lead Engineer looking for a new challenge, this is an opportunity to make your mark and complete our Montreal leadership team.
Join us in kicking off production on a new multiplayer, cross-platform midcore game on PC and Mobile with a world-class partner.
If you have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems and tools, and you’re enthusiastic about collaborating with other developers, we’ll want you to lead the charge, solve problems, and make improvements with maximum autonomy.
Your experience leading development on a large game code base and ability to build and implement critical game engine components for multi-player, cross-platform games will be essential to our new studio and project.
- Lead the design, development, architecture and implementation of the core engine gameplay systems under the Unity engine.
- Create game systems that are intrinsically scalable and cross-platform
- Create or improve tools to support specific features/systems
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize across platforms
- Contribute with innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production, leadership and development
- Seek out knowledge of leading-edge software engineering methods and technologies
- Mentor other engineers to expand their skill sets and increase productivity
- Work closely with studio leadership on recruitment and resource estimation and evaluation
YOUR SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Five or more years of experience in the production of high-quality Mobile and PC titles
- At least one shipped Mobile or PC title as a Lead Engineer or equivalent.
- Experience working with team leads to develop project structures, best practices, programming workflows and project scheduling
- Solid working knowledge of all technical aspects of game development
- Aptitude for code and middleware developed both internally and externally
- Communicate and collaborate harmoniously with engineers and multi-disciplinary remote teams (Mexico, Romania, US…)
- Desire and demonstrated ability to mentor and coach junior programmers
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of systems
- Comfortable in using source control software, such as Perforce and branching methodologies
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games
IMPRESS US WITH:
- Hands-on experience working with both 2D and 3D games
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related field
- Experience with real-time physics and animation
- Experience with complex network systems and cross-platform environments
- Experience with the technical challenges unique to complex game systems
- Excellent proficiency in French (written and spoken)
- Functional proficiency in Spanish (written and spoken)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary and benefits package.
- Access to training and learning programs.
- Possible occasional travels.
- 100% work-from-home with an eventual opportunity for a hybrid setup
- A diverse portfolio of projects
- An ideation team where you can bring your creative ideas which will be as valued as your expertise.
- No crunch culture.