Unity Games Software Engineer
13 days ago
Trying to be part of the next great online game? That’s what we do.
At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years. We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Arkadium has been recognized as a top-rated workplace – both locally and nationally – by Crain’s, Inc, Forbes, Digiday, Ad Age and others.
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced Unity Games Software Engineer to join our team! Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to hear from you.
- Lead continued development of new features in Unity mobile games
- Deliver solid code that is bug-free, maintainable, and scalable
- Develop comprehensive documentation, both inside code and in internal wiki, and refactor projects to meet architectural best practices
- Review code from other developers and share technical knowledge to improve overall team quality
- Develop shared modules, plug-ins, and templates to help improve team productivity
- Work in rapid iteration, accurately providing time estimates and producing polished playable builds
- Work in an Agile environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team that values speed and autonomy
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 3+ year experience in mobile game development
- A portfolio of previous game examples (preferably with source code in a git repository) in addition to your resume
- Strong familiarity with Unity, C#, and mobile technologies
- Strong knowledge of programming fundamentals, design patterns, and math
- Experience integrating third-party SDKs and libraries
- Experience with version control and project management tools
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive compensation with structured performance and career development check-ins
- Meaningful supplemental health insurance (medical, dental & vision plans)
- Meal allowance
- Additional budget for conferences you are interested in
- Personal development budget to fuel your passions and desire to learn (Arkadians are taking classes in not only Excel and leadership, but also interior design and even swimming!)
- Time off from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day so we can all enjoy the holidays
- A unique culture of transparency, true teamwork and fun
- Summer Fridays: 4 Fridays off throughout the Summer to have more fun in the sun