Unity Editor Developer, Game Operations
21 days ago
Cloud Content Delivery (CCD) is an end-to-end content hosting and delivery platform for live games or applications that requires content updates on a regular basis. We provide powerful workflow tools to game and application developers, allowing them to focus on crafting great content rather than building and maintaining content delivery pipelines!
We are looking for a Unity Editor engineer to join the Cloud Content Delivery team who will help shape the future of the CCD service. As a core individual contributor on a small team, your responsibilities will be to help plan, build and deploy CCD changes to the largest game development community in the world. You will be designing and implementing technical solutions that focus on solving customer issues, with a particular focus on enhancing the end-user experience. The future team member will also collaborate with teams across Unity to integrate CCD within the Editor and with other Game Operation services . It will also be needed for the successful candidate to coach, mentor and provide technical leadership within the team.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with your CCD team to deeply understand the needs of CCD’s users and then plan, design and build features that best serve those needs into the Unity Editor.
- Lead through technical challenges and help guide other members of the team to impactful customer outcomes
- Operate within a distributed team of Front-End engineers, Back-End engineers, Product Managers and Designers and collaborate with your colleagues both local and remote.
- Through working closely with the relevant teams across Unity, continuously improve guidance and best practices for Editor development to ensure our customers have a consistently great experience.
- Help build high availability and resilient services and infrastructure - contribute to APIs that are envisioned to serve thousands of GB from 500M+ of players requests per day.
What we're looking for
- Experience with the Unity Editor and C# programming skills in an Agile working environment.
- Experience with working across teams to deliver user-first outcomes.
- Experience in testing methodologies.
You might also have
- Experience using Unity's Data-Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS) and Unity’s Addressable Package
- Understanding of designing, implementing and testing microservice applications, event-driven architectures and REST APIs.
- Experience with any of our Back-End stack (Golang, Postgres, GCP, Redis, Kubernetes, Cloud Functions, Lambdas, Asynchronous Event architecture, Docker) and an Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure: GCP, AWS or Azure and DevOps methodologies, processes and tools like Terraform, Helm, GKE Vault or other comparable tools and frameworks.
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices! For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.