Unannounced Project - Senior Test Lead
6 days ago
At Bungie, we take pride in how Test helps deliver amazing experiences to our players. We accomplish this by crafting a preventative-care environment where QA has an equal seat at the table and where all members of the team are co-owners in quality.
As a Senior Test Lead joining an unannounced project, you will coordinate and oversee your small team's coverage by collaborating with cross-discipline peers throughout all phases of development from concept to post-ship. You will be responsible for a large holistic area and will carefully plan a unified approach months or years in advance for how your area's many features intersect and come together to build a cohesive player experience. In this role you will work with cross-discipline peers and test leadership to help establish early test best practices for your incubation project's small teams going forward. You will have a deep impact on the way your incubation project's small teams develop, the way test approaches planning and testing your incubation project, how we collect and leverage data, how we partner with SDETs to leverage automation, and how we transition into a live service game. The incubation teams are dedicated to developing in a sustainable and healthy way and you will be a critical part of realizing that vision.
You will lead the conversation with your cross-discipline leadership peers on how to mitigate complex project risks and deliver the most value to your players. Together with your Production, Engineering, and Design peers, you will craft robust future-facing strategies for consistently and sustainably delivering your area's holistic content while pivoting and evolving those strategies to meet ongoing needs. Senior Test Lead roles include management and leadership of full-time Test Engineers and Test Leads to ensure proper coverage for the large scope of your area's combined work. Bungie’s Senior Test Leads will need to thoughtfully and carefully delegate smaller areas and feature ownership as they lead via preemptive planning and strategy.
- Plans and executes a preventative-care strategy with cross-discipline leadership
- Helps establish healthy and team-owned QA best practices and processes that we can carry forward into production and beyond
- Defines and oversees a sustainable cross-discipline test plan that takes into account the team's test staffing, quality goals, and time constraints
- Develops sustainable test methodologies for their complex areas and holds their Test and cross-discipline peers accountable to those best practices
- Builds and delegates test maintenance strategies for owned content once it has shipped
- Increases the competency, dependability, and autonomy of managed reports through training and mentorship
- Preemptively assesses and mitigates long-term risks in a games-as-a-service environment
- Drives cross-discipline investigations into area-wide workflows and the production pipeline for the area of ownership
- Identifies improvement opportunities and solutions to project-level risks (including but not limited to cross-discipline process, test staffing, tooling/data, test methodology, prioritization, and scheduling)
- Utilizes project test coverage experience to work with team to build and maintain technical testing solutions that focus on short and long term sustainability and team efficiency gains
- Assesses, escalates, and resolves area health and risks; postmortems those weak points and implements cross-discipline improvements to prevent them in the future
- Strong desire to grow yourself and constantly evolve your approach and processes
- Experience leading a test project on a large (or multiple) multi-discipline team in a live service environment
- Robust leadership experience in a Test role within the games industry
- Excellent and efficient coordination, management, and delegation of test coverage for multiple interconnected areas
- Experience identifying efficiency opportunities for tools/scripting
- Ability to translate largescale and complex cross-discipline goals into cohesive test plans with a focus on cost effective alternatives and their trade-offs
- Ability to effectively collaborate with external-to-team stakeholders, and to convey complex concepts in a digestible manner (including documentation creation and curation)
- Ability to abstract, apply, and teach test concepts of risk, cost/value trade-offs, prioritization, and value-driven processes
- Experience managing multiple full-time embedded test engineers and test leads
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Game Design, related fields, or equivalent experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.