This job might no longer be available.
Rogue Company - Senior Environment Concept Artist
10 months ago
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Senior Environment Concept Artist to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia, on our new project Rogue Company.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Environment Concept Artists do:
- Works closely with Art Director and Environment Art Lead to keep quality and style consistent across all Environments and Concepts.
- Explore a wide variety of ideas for weapons, vehicles, gadgets and environments in a realistic style.
- Provides direction to environment artists for aesthetic and technical considerations.
- Works closely with the Engine team to develop new or improve upon old technologies to improve visuals.
- Craft environment and level related meshes, materials, and textures according to best practices within an Unreal Engine 4 development pipeline.
- Works with Project Management to maintain a clear and consistent schedule.
- Works with other departments to ensure that assets are delivered in a timely manner.
- Supervise bug distribution and verify bug fixes.
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of experience creating concept artwork for games, film or animation.
- Portfolio with examples of realistic environments, props and textures for game production.
- AAA game development or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Max or Maya, and extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Someone who thrives on change and can work quickly within an iterative development process.
- Experience creating functional, believable, realistic designs for vehicles, weapons and gadgets. Experience putting together mood boards, color comps, and storyboards.
- Strong grasp of composition, color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, and silhouette.
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and proportions.
- Knowledge of different architectural styles and how to use them to create convincing game environments.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Proficiency with Photoshop for asset creation.
- Willingness to receive constructive criticism and make artistic adjustments.
- A passion for creating and playing video games.
Preferred candidates have:
- Degree or formal art education in illustration or traditional painting.
- Background in industrial or entertainment design.
- Experience with Substance Painter and Substance Designer.
- Experience with Zbrush.
- Experience with Unreal 4 engine.
- AAA game development experience.
- Experience with 3D software packages a plus.
- Experience creating environment assets from photogrammetry scan data.