This job might no longer be available.
Montreal QC ca
13 days ago
When you’re a UX Writer at Ubi MTL, you come up with the words that help players understand what things are and what they need to do in a live game.
You write user interface copy to intuitively describe and explain, in and around gameplay: instructions, menus, buttons, and more.
As an online gamer yourself, you know that when it comes to communicating, time is limited. Player-facing information needs to be conveyed clearly and consistently – at precisely the right place at exactly the right time.
With every new release, you deliver copy that leaves no room for doubt. No confusion. No frustration. Just straightforward, uncomplicated interactions – and a player journey that’s as smooth as it gets.
What you’ll do
- Partner with your UX team lead and UX director to understand the game’s overall vision + develop its communication strategy.
- Collaborate with the user research team to grasp player needs, motivations, behaviours, etc.
- Work closely with designers to discuss design intentions to transform them into easy-to-understand features and concepts.
- Write clear, consistent, concise UI copy (item descriptions, tutorials, menus, settings, notifications, etc.).
- Create and maintain guidelines and style guides (voice, tone, vocabulary, etc.).
- Balance design, narrative and visual aspects with technical constraints (especially space restrictions).
- Brainstorm and research content ideas + identify opportunities to improve the player experience through copy.
- Support co-development requests from our UX teams in other studios.
- Collaborate with the localization team to adapt text into different languages.
- Follow up on content post-launch and rework it based on feedback.
What you bring
- Experience in copywriting, technical writing, or content strategy (or related experience)
- An understanding of information architecture and user research methodologies
- A highly collaborative spirit
- A knack for finding user-friendly ways to communicate
- Empathy: you’re able to look at content design from your audience’s point of view and adapt accordingly
- A creative approach to problem-solving: you can come up with innovative ideas to resolve a variety of challenges
- A healthy regard for data: you’re comfortable proactively gathering it to inform your content choices
- Ability to think holistically while building iteratively: you’re a big picture thinker with an eye for detail
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience and skills
- A couple of samples of your best work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.