This job might no longer be available.
UX Researcher - (Apex Legends Mobile)
2 months ago
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
We are EA—the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles: Apex Legends, The Sims, Jedi: Fallen Order, Madden and others. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
You will conduct research for a mobile game in the Apex Legends Universe at Respawn (Chatsworth). You will report to the Respawn/DICE LA UXR Manager and work with a Senior UX Researcher, you will represent the users--in all their variety and diversity--and we value building that diversity of background & opinion into the structure of our team.
- Run research in pursuit of a research roadmap for a high priority mobile game
- Partner with a Senior Researcher to identify the right research opportunities
- Use Mixed Methods Research to answer questions about the game
- Work with game teams and studio leadership to understand franchise goals and strategies
- Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines to produce insights which improve the trajectory of their product work
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- You have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- You have 2+ years industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across platforms
- You have expertise in research design, experienced in at least one methodology (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking)
- You can write and present influential reports
- Experience with statistical packages desirable