UX Designer - Rocket League
6 days ago
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
Psyonix has always been an industry leader and innovator and we strive to grow our team with people who can honor and carry on that great tradition. We are looking for a User Experience Designer to help expand upon Rocket League’s player-focused experience by improving upon existing frameworks and forging new ones . Your task will be to come up with creative solutions that both inspire and push the boundaries of what can be done .
In This Role You Will
- Own and drive features and systems that will shape the game space while working collaboratively across multiple teams
- Craft rich and deep experiences that solve a multitude of goals and challenges
- Create prototypes, whiteboards, and mockups that demonstrate your solutions and present them to stakeholders and leads
- Shepherd designs and projects across the finish line by engaging with feedback
- Utilize the latest tools and graphics software to foster communication with other developers and members of the team
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of professional UX design experience, preferably in the game industry
- Skilled in modern design tools, such as Sketch, Adobe XD, and Principle
- Online portfolio demonstrating user-centered design solutions with strong interaction design that includes websites, games, and mobile apps
- Strong listening and communication skills
- An aptitude for user empathy and compassion
- Experience working with complex game design systems
- Passion for problem-solving
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be part of something Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.